Tuesday, December 4, 2007

We have Arrived!!

The day is here, we can hardly believe it, we are Kyiv and we are here to adopt 2 daughters. The trip was long, but uneventful. I did get a wonderful reminder from God, that He is with us and will protect us. We were in Regan National waiting for our plane. We checked in with alittle bit of a hassle, American Airlines doesn't accept one way international flights unless you have a medical passport. So why did they book us, (for those that have been to Ukraine, does this sound like we are in Ukraine rather then America?). We had to classify as a domestic flight to JFK and when we get there reclaim our luggage. That did not bother us, then we know that our luggage will arrive in Kyiv, since it is a non stop flight. When we get to JFK we hope for the best. I told Rick Aerosvit isn't going to care and of course they did not. We had every kind of religious person that can be imaged. In the a.m. people walking around the plane praying to the different directions of the plane, wearing all kinds of interesting garp. I said to Rick, I hope they don't do anything else for their gods. At the end of the flight we found out I was sitting next to security. Back to my God story. While in JFK, we bought hot drinks. I told Rick to go have a seat. He told me where he would be sitting. I went to where he was suppose to be and stood there looking at every person, no Rick. I went to the other side of the wall and I heard Rick call to me, "Franny, over here". I turned around expecting to see him standing there and he was no where in sight. I went back to where I first was and in plain sight, there is Rick looking out the window. He had no idea that I was looking for him. So who called my name? The same God that promised to be with us throughout this journey. What a great reminder that was.

The rough road will start for us tomorrow. We have been told Marina can not be registered. Please pray for the miracle that we are seeking and God's will. Pray for Marina.
Fran

6 comments:

Passanita Family said...

We serve a big God and He keeps his promises. Glad you arrived safely. The boy have already asked to go see Giny. I'm sure she will be well visited. We will pray intently about Marina and Yana. Hopefully you will be able to see Luba as well. Sorry we didn't get a picture from Vanya for her but maybe I iwll post one that you can use.
Love you both,
Laura and Rob

Jane said...

Ukraine is always very difficult and often you are told things can't happen and then they miraculously do. Hopefully things will work out for you

Unknown said...

Miss you both soooo much...we are so glad that you arrived safely. Rick and Fran...like you always tell me...KEEP LOOKING UP...As your week has started off with some despair so has mine with preparing for December 19th...WOW....I walk in Faith not fear and you both are also. Hope you both like my small gift and wear them with Faith that will bring Hope and miracles WILL happen for all of us...Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Gloria and Doug

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you made it. Please say Hi to Nicholi and Yuri! Tell Rick to stay out of the hotel lobbys.

Tim & Charlene

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely, and have kept your sense-of-humor! Ella and Art said "hi" and "good luck." Please give Nikolai a big hug from us all! You and the girls are in our prayers everyday.
Love, peace, and blessings,
Terri and Stan

Anonymous said...

Fran and Rick, glad to read you got there safe. We will be following your journey and we all wish you the best of luck.