Sunday, March 2, 2008

21/2 Wonderful Days!!!!

What is the best medicine for frustration?.......Marina. Maybe someday Marina will be my frustration, but for now, she is the best cure for the blues that Mama can have. We have had the best time just being together. The longer we are together the better it is getting. It has been good for her too. We have spent most of our time hugging each other, talking, walking, laughing, and doing word puzzles.

When I arrived on Thursday, I knew that Marina needed time away from the orphanage. She was angry, hurt, and put a wall between her and God. If I even mentioned God, she would just turn her head. As time went on, the girl we left here returned. She went to church today and seems to enjoy the service. Up to today, when we would pray, I would get a limp hand. Today, I got a firm grip. She told me today if she ever gets out of Ukraine she is never coming back. Of course she would have to so that I can adopt her, but I am not going to tell her that right now. She is very guarded about the student visa program. She understands, but is not getting too excited about it.

Nancy and I will go seperate ways tomorrow. She will go on to Kherson and I will stay in Berdyansk. I am waiting on the Lord to help me with the next step. Marina say, Mama, you pick me up after school tomorrow? My answer, I don't know. She doesn't understand the whole picture and there is a language barrier. I will do what ever I can to make this happen, so I will travel whenever I need to and try to explain everything to her later.

I miss Rick and Yana, and so often we sit at the same tables as when there were the 4 of us. We always point to where Rick would sit and where Yana would sit and wish they were with us. Next year, February 2009, we will all do this again. I only wish that this would happen just once in the summer. Maybe winter is better. People where clothes in the winter. Last summer a lady from Italy was asked to wear clothes in the open market, she had nothing on. They had to pass an ordinance that you must wear clothes in the downtown area. I know that will never happen in this cold weather!

I appreciate the comments and prayers. Please pray that the Lord will give me wisdom for the next move. I am not sure if anything can be done on this end or if it is time to go to Kiev. I just pray that I will know what to do when I wake up in the morning. Marina will go back to school at 7:45 a.m. I have one week to make a difference. I feel pretty small and powerless right now. I know that is the best place to be. When I am weak, I step aside and let the power of God do the work. I know I can't but he can. Tomorrow is a good day to find out what He can do, because I have no plan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Marina are enjoying your time together. I pray that you will be able to enjoy the rest of your lives back here at home with Rick and Yana and the rest of the family real soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Fran that was me that posted this. Love and miss you, Amber

Sounds like you and Marina are enjoying your time together. I pray that you will be able to enjoy the rest of your lives back here at home with Rick and Yana and the rest of the family real soon.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Just caught up with your latest posts. You continue to be in our prayers! Last night our pastor prayed specifically over us to be strong for the battle ahead and I thought "I dont' want to do any more battle" but am reminded our war is in the spirit and not in the flesh! We have begun again fasting once a week in preparation for our return for our daughter and will include you in our prayers as well! God is not done with Ukraine, or Marina! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

We journey down this road with trust and love from God,
Even when the path we're on is unfamiliar sod.
He gives us hope despite the rope which seems cut and at it's end.
Two ends encountered we watch to see Him pick up and tie for us again.
Walk one foot foward then the next to see the story complete.
When you are finished you will see the rope has placed you at His feet.
Love,
Beverly (something I felt the Lord gave me for you)

Anonymous said...

Hi Fran,
We are think of you and praying for yo. It must be hard trying to figure what to do. Hopefully, you will navigate well. Stay strong.
Love,
Jody,Steve and CHristopher

Kathie said...

Dear Fran,
Your Williamsburg "fam" are all rooting for you and Marina and trusting God for the miracle! Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world! Remember Proverbs 3:5&6. He can, He wants to and He will! We love you!
The Schweickert's