Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter is Real

I am having a great Easter experience in my beyond mid-life. I laid my burdens on the cross thanks to scripture, prayers of family, friends, and believers I have never met, but I know their heart. The results rest and trust which equals strength, according to Isaiah 30:15. God's promises are yes and amen and I can say amen to the peace that I have receive. Easter was such a joyful celebration for our family. Yana has been in America for 2 full months and is blossoming along with the spring. She is such a happy child, really loves her life. She and Papa really became buddies while mama was back in the Ukraine. I think Yana has papa wrapped around her finger. She can get him to do most anything, even ride the rollercoaster at Busch Gardens so many times that he turns green. Poor Rick ended up Easter Sunday night in bed spinning. It had no effect on Yana at all, she could have kept on going.

Both Rick and I found ourselves rejoicing over our adoption of Yana. We told Yana that God is able to change hearts and He changed our last year and put her on our heart. What a change in life we have taken. In February of 2007, when I met Marina, I thought I knew the course that God was moving us into. I thought I was filling out paper work to adopt Marina. The river of life flows and the unexpected turns are there to keep me close to God. On Easter Sunday, again I thought that I knew the way the river was flowing, the next time that I would see Marina would be next February. Monday...a turn. We received an e-mail from Frontier Horizons. The director of the Berdyansk Orphanage has approved Marina's visit for the summer!!!!!!!!!!
How cool is that? When there was nothing more that I could do, that is when God could do His work and He did it in deed.

God has alot of work to do in all 4 of us this summer. I am so appreciative that we can join hands and walk with Him together. We will be blending as a family, preparing for a future together. We will be nurturing and encouraging two young girls to trust in the Lord with all our hearts. We will be preparing for an adoption, doing a homestudy, and getting the dossiers ready for February. We will have to maintain courage and not let fear, doubt, and anxiety, try to steal the victory of the moment.

When I look at the whole picture, I am overwhelmed. Marina will come, then she will go. We will be returning to the Ukraine for another adoption, and that will take another 5 weeks of living in the Ukraine. I have to admit that I have told God that the river that I mapped out didn't have so many turns and much less rough water. It was safe and financially more realistic. It was an overwhelming picture, especially when we decided to adopt Yana along with Marina, but it wasn't anywhere near the size of His ocean that He has placed in front of me. It is bigger then life to me. I can see God up in Heaven smiling and nodding His head. He is looking down on me saying, "That's right Fran, if I was going to have control, I had to create an ocean, one that was too big for you to see the whole thing." That's where faith comes from, when the circumstances are so big that I look so small. It is not up to me to know what God has in store for this journey. The miracle that I have been asking for could be right around the corner. All I know is that God is holding my hand and we are walking in harmony, because I surrendered to His ocean and found my river was filled with currents that couldn't be seen from above the water, but almost took my life when I was in the water. I am blessed to have such a personal walk with my Lord and Savor. I have always wanted to see God. I do, I see Him.
Fran

9 comments:

Dave said...

It's awesome to see how God is working in your lives. You'll never be the same!! So glad Marina is coming home for the summer. This year will be over with before you know it.
Gina

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that Marina gets to come home. That is such great news! Love, Amber

Passanita Family said...

Hooray and Hallelujah! Glad that things are turning the corner and that Marina will get to come for the summer. What a blessing!
As always, the Lord is faithful to fulfill the things he lays on our hearts. You got it right though, sometimes the path just isn't what we expect. We'll be with you through the journey no matter what it takes.
Love you all,
Laura, Rob and boys

Anonymous said...

It was nice to have an update on Yana. Glad she is doing well.

Debora Hoffmann said...

Slava Bogu! How great God is! I'm so excited to hear that Marina can come for the summer through FH. What a blessing. And I'm thrilled that Yana is doing so well...and that your family is being knit together by the One who created families in the first place. Happy Easter--Christ is risen indeed!

Anonymous said...

We hope to see you this summer- all four of you! We will even look at doing our best to come visit. We will continue is prayer of thanksgiving. His timing is perfect.
Your Roanoke relatives

Kelly said...

Fran, this is such a beautiful post. I am rejoicing with you that Marina will be here in the summer. And then February will not be so far away. This will be wonderful time for all four of you. So glad I have "met" you and have been able to learn from your faith as well. In similar difficult circumstances, I find myself thinking about your insights often. You said in a previous post that that is how God is - the love comes before and just keeps on growing. I know that is true. And that is a blessing, even when that love is laced with pain during the wait to see what wonderful things God has in store. Thank you, Fran, for sharing.

Anonymous said...

whats the update? has
ANYTHING NEW HAPPENED

adopting2fromUkraine said...

What wonderful news that Marina will be with you in your own home during the summer!!

So many times during our adoption process just when things looked impossible, like nothing would work out, the next thing we knew, God would turn things totally around!

I know that you have had many discouraging things happen, but just keep reminding yourself of the victories that God has given you, like this one:)