Saturday, March 22, 2008

He Has Risen

It is Easter, He has Risen, and we no longer need to live under the circumstances, we can rise above them. Nothing much has changed, mountain tops one day and valley experiences the next. The mountains are not so high and the valley experiences are not so deep. I am finding peace in the prayers, the cards, and most of all God's Word. It is comforting to know that God loves Marina more then I do and that He cares for her more then I do. That is the burden that Jesus took to the cross. The experience of death on the cross was painful, so were the burdens that went on the cross with Him. I have given Marina's adoption and freedom to Christ many times and taken it back as many. I have worried myself to the point of total fatique, then recharged myself by lifting the burden off of me and back on to His shoulders, where it belongs. I am just another Isrealite that just can't accept a good thing. When I read about them in the Bible I think to myself, those fools, why can't they accept a good thing. I know that I am also a fool, I have the good thing, yet I deny it and the burden becomes so heavy. In the Bible a fool is one that doesn't know the things of God, one who denies them. I guess it is easier to be a fool then I thought, I never thought that I would deny the truth that Jesus cares for Marina more then me.
Today, I am no fool. I have given Him the burden and feel His joy and peace in me. Today I feel like I am one personality, Fran, under Christ. Today, I am enjoying Yana and the joy continues even as she sleeps. I am not running to the bathroom or hiding in my bed crying, I am rejoicing. I thought Easter was going to be painful, it is not, it is the celebration that Christ so deserves to have.

Yesterday, Good Friday, Rick, Yana, and I went to service at the Chapel. A quiet, sobber service. A reminder of the night that Jesus took our sins to the cross, and felt the pain of our sins. Yana sat between Rick and myself, watching, listening, and I am sure wondering, what is this all about. We left the church holding each other, heads high, and smiling. We were suppose to be somber and quiet. We honored the quiet, but the somber was a tough one. We are happy and it was hard to hid. I told Yana that I am thankful that God put a love in our heart for her, even before we met her. That is how God works, the love comes before and it just keeps growing.

Praise God, for He alone is worthy to be praised. Happy Easter!
Fran

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Thank you for those timely thoughts. My prayers continue for Marina to come home and that this year of waiting would be used for His glory.
He is risen indeed!

Passanita Family said...

I am glad that you are rejoicing. Our payers have been heard and now you can be one in Christ. You guys are very special to us and we can't begin to express what a blessing you are to all of us. We will always be there for you in times of joy and times of sorrow, my friend.
The boys are always soo excited to know they get to see you (and Giny of course). Have a very blessed Easter Sunday :)
Laura and Rob and boys

Anonymous said...

How is yana doing?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER! Rick, Fran and Yana, Sorry its a few days late life has been busy here. My prayers are continuing for Marina. Love and miss you all Love, Amber, Jeff and kids