Friday, February 29, 2008

Back in Paradise

A quick e-mail to let you all know that life is better after sleep and food. The circumstances haven't really changed too much, but the attitude is better. I am back in Berdyansk and the sun is shinning. It was in the low 40's, a heat wave compared to December and January. Everyone is doing a double take at me, they remember me but they aren't sure it is me without Rick at my side. We are staying at hotel Berdyansk on the 11th floor! For any of you that have been here, I think you understand, I love the view but the elevator ride is alittle hairy. How often does the elevators get inspected? We even have a bath tub! The toilet doesn't flush, but the bathtub has a hand shower that reaches the toilet so we can fill the tank with that water and flush the toilet. This is probably a God thing. I have Marina with me for the weekend and she thinks Mama can fix anything since she fixed the toilet.

I picked Marina up at 1:00 to spent the weekend with me. We will be together until Monday morning before school. This does make Berdyansk paradise to me. When I saw her yesterday, she was angry, full of hate and feeling rejected. This weekend is a ministry retreat. We are going to talk alot, pray alot, and build self-esteem. The last couple of days, Marina has been hit hard with feelings of rejection. Her younger sister by one year who has been adopted came to the orphanage. Her mama works there. She makes it very well known that she has her freedom. Today we ran into the guardian she had a few years ago, and this women is the reason Marina can't come home with me now. The guardian is a long story, but she never met up to her roll as a guardian. The director said everything bad to Marina that could be said in front of her yesterday. Marina was beside herself. Things are improving fast. She and I are laughing again.

Please pray that doors open for us. Thank you

11 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for you and marina...sorry for all the trouble you are getting. we are currently having a great visit in kherson and stari sburivka and saw all the kids today..a good reminder to keep fighting the fight. love and blessings to you and Nancy.
~Karen

Q's News said...

Thanks for the update Fran & Nancy - Charlene & I are praying for you and following your progress closely.

~ Tim Q

Debora Hoffmann said...

We are praying!

Anonymous said...

Hi A. Fran,
This email makes me smile for Marina, that she finally has a mama in her life that can make her feel secure no matter how bad things can get sometime. Enjoy your weekend together, all time is precious.

Love,
Shawn

Dave said...

Still praying for that miracle.
Habakkuk 3:2 -- Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.

Gina

Anonymous said...

Fran, you are still in our prayers. Stay strong and keep fighting for Marina. Love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Fran,
We just prayed for you both, the battle is the Lord's and not ours, even when you are in the thick of it. You already know that; but He is there and He is working.

Love,
Tony and Gretchan

Passanita Family said...

"ALL things are possible through Christ who strengthens you". We are praying for you and Marina and am glad you get to spend some time with her and her friends.
Many blessings to you from us,
Laura and Rob and boys

Anonymous said...

Dear Fran,
Ella and Yana are spending the afternoon shopping. Ella turned 16 yesterday, and this evening she going to the "ring dance" with Elliot at Jamestown. Our children's lives are truly blessed (as are we!) and we pray for you and Marina everyday!! We can't wait until you both come home. Please send our love to Nancy... praise God that she is with you!
peace and love,
Terri, Stan, Art, and Ella

Anonymous said...

Sweet Friend,
We pray you feel the prayers that are being said on your family's behalf. I am praying Romans 8:28 for you.
Love,
Beverly

Anonymous said...

FRAN..I WAS SO HAPPY YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE MARINA TO YOURSELF ALL WEEKEND..SOUNDS LIKE YANA HAS FUN ALSO. I HAVE BEEN WAKING UP AND THINKING ABOUT YOU SO FAR AWAY..GOOD QUIET TIME TO PRAY THAT GOD WILL MOVE THINGS QUICKLY THIS TIME, YOU HAVE SHOWED YOUR FAITH AND YOUR FAMILY NEEDS TO BE TOGETHER..I AM TALKING TO RICK
GOD BLESS..ANGIE