Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New breath of life

It’s not an easy thing to do- put your wife on a plane and send her out on a mission alone. The objective is to rescue a 14 yr old girl we have bonded with 5000 miles away, in a land where populations were mass murdered to force conformity to communist ways. The plan is there, and people say they’re with you. Promises, assurances, schedules are organized, categorized, and agonized. Green lights "appear" from the fogginess of uncertainty- then she’s gone.
Fran’s "lifelines" are phone cards and e-mail. We communicate every day. There is no guarantee the plan will work, only the hope that we are being led to complete the good works that is in store for Marina. HE knows, and we know it.
Personally, I’m whipped. I have been in a state of grieving since jan.16, when we left Marina. I tend to shy away from crowds, seek solitude, and run on 1/3 the energy. Work is somewhat of a escape- I’m present- but I’m not there, really.
When I was asked to consider adoption, the question did not originate from my wife. Yes it came through her, but not from her. The question came from above. And the focus was NOT adoption. HE was asking Rick Rahn if I could trust HIM.with my most treasured pocession- my heart. If I could trust HIM, I was to lay it upon the alter and walk away. He would own it from here on.
I must say there were "conditions". 1- GOD, that your will always be my will ( so I’ll never be disappointed) and 2- YOU never leave me.( I’m coward)
So it goes. Now we are here, at this point. Fran has given her all, now she waits for the attorney.
Here’s the update...
They meet downstairs for tea. Fran orders our attorney lunch while he reviews the info/game plan concerning the orphanage director. During this conversation our attorney recognizes a person there also. They greet each other and quickly discover this man KNOWS officials who can help us! Seems he knows them SO WELL that connections can be made immediately to move Marina on her way. New plans are formed right on the spot, and their appointment w/orphanage director is put off for today..
Fran jumps at the new found opportunity, and now she is in another part of Ukraine. If this works, (pray!) we have a very good chance @ Marina coming home. This may be all that is needed for Marina’s release from the orphanage. We expect to have that appointment w/ the director by friday.
As it now stands, Fran is expecting to come home this Sunday. Marina, if approved will come in 3-4wks. I’ll have to go out there to pick her up and bring her home.
Today someone asked me how it’s going. After a brief answer, their response was, "You sure must have strong desires to nurture and raise kids!"
No, we don’t. Actually, I was drafting up a 12year "exit strategy" when these two kids surfaced. Never had that nurturing sensation. So I hope the next time you see us w/these kids that you see HIM who is in us. He’s easy to discover- look for the spring in my step, smile cracks on my face, the sparkle in my eyes.
"He’s here", my soul testifies. And he’s been here the whole time....
Blessings,
Pappa

7 comments:

Caroline said...

"If this works, (pray!) we have a very good chance @ Marina coming home."

I'm praying! I'm praying! Thank you for your living examples of honoring Christ in front of us.

What delightful news!!

Dave said...

I see Him clearly in you already. What a mighty God who makes us more like Christ.

I've been doing a Beth Moore study, in which we're looking at the test of Abraham being willing to sacrifice Isaac. Here are some points she makes: 1)Read 1 Peter 1:6-8. He's burning the fake right out of us. He already knows what we're made of, but He may want to prove it to us. Maybe we're not as weak as we think [with Him, of course]. 2)Our hardest tests involve our dearest loves. 3)Obedience is not the hardest part of our most trying tests. Keeping the faith can be hardest of all. 4)The harder the test, the further reaching the ramifications. When God is up to something hard, God is up to something big.

What could God being doing in you and through your "test." It must be huge for the sake of His glory.

Won't we all praise Him like crazy when He finally brings Marina home!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Wow, praying for all of you, His children. Fran -- stay strong -- you and Rick are the yarn He is weaving across the continents and through the hearts of these two young ladies. Believing in a miracle.
Love, Jean, Jim & crew

Anonymous said...

I have learned from following your blogs to not be overjoyed too soon but......what a great turn of events! Praying, praying, praying from the other side of the state for all 4 Rahn's. with love, lisa

cara said...

All four of you are in our prayers!
Cara
www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog every day for months. We adopted from Berdyansk last year and know first hand the corruption and deceit that is present. It goes deeper than you can even imagine. Satan has had a strong hold on Ukraine for as long as it has been in existance, but I do believe that God has had enough! Hearts are being stirred to rescue HIS children. We weren't "looking to adopt" either, but the Lord put Dasha in my home in 2005 for a hosting program. She and her brother are now permanent members of our family! NOTHING about this has been easy, but as a result of the whole turn of events, my mother inlaw got saved!!! If that is the end of the story (which I don't believe it is), it was worth it! To God be the glory!

There will be no surprise the day I read your blog and you write that Marina is safe at home with you. She's a firecracker and if you channel all that energy in the right direction, just think of what she can do!!!

God is working!!!

Sharon Sabatini
Raleigh, NC

Passanita Family said...

Miss Fran,
You like Giny? I do too. I miss you. I like Giny's walking feet. You like ME kraine? I like Mr Rick's walking feet too.
Vanya

Fran, Vanya wanted to give you the above message. Not sure exactl what all of it means but he wanted me to send it to you to make you smile today.
We're hopeful to see you soon and have been praying for the meeting. A BIG celebration will take place when Marina gets home, finally!
Blessings,
Laura