Thursday, February 28, 2008

Berdyansk Blues

Hi all,
Fran, Nancy Hathaway, and our attorney Alina arrived in Berdyansk and picked up Marina for the day. Franny is fatigued- no sleep to speak of in 40+ hours. I thought by veiwing her e-mail to me you would pick up the urgency in specific prayer. We are dealing with a dark country with years of fear and suspicion. Please remember them in your prayers.

Rick


Hi Rick and Yana,How are you doing. Are there spit balls all over the house. Are you eating more then hot dogs. I have not visited Yana's friends yet, I will tomorrow. I love you Papa and Yana.Things are not looking good for Marina. Galina has denied ever telling us to do a student visa. She said she made a contact with the minister of education and he said absolutely not. I haven't been able to get through to the embassy. Marina is very sad, she doesn't like Galina. She has a give up attitude. Galina stated a case that Marina is a bad girl and would be to much to handle. This was in front of Marina. Yesterday Marina's adopted sister came to the internet. just another reminder of what a bad rap she is getting. Galina also said in front of Marina, that Marina is not a good student, she does not do good. We had a come back for everything, so she said she was going to call the minister of education, go away while I have lunch and I will let you know what they say. Of course you know what she was going to say he said and she did. I have to figure out how to find the truth. I e-mail Mike at the embassy, I can't get through by phone. Alina said she might have time to see the ministry of education. I am tired and feeling hopeless. I feel defeated. Do you have any encouragement? I look forward to your e-mail. Good to talk today.I love you,Fran

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. Fran & U. Rick, please continue to stay strong for your girls. You are ALL in our thoughts & prayers. U. Rick please tell yana hello and A. Fran please do the same to Marina. May they both know how important they are to our family no matter how far apart we all are. I am thinking of you!
Shawn

Tami said...

How incredibly frustrating! We'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

Fran, we will pray for your encouragement, and for Marina's. I hope by the time you read this, you have gotten some rest and that a new day brings better news. By your being there, I pray that people will see that things must change and will be moved by your persistence and faith.
Love, Jean & Jim
PS Please tell Nancy we said hello and wish her well too.

Heidi and Felix said...

Fran,

You can perservere! Stay strong for Marina - she needs to feel your strength. We will pray for the barriers to crumble.
Heidi and Felix

Anonymous said...

Fran and Rick,

We are praying for another miracle for Marina. Love, Charlene and Tim