Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yana Pam Rahn

As of Friday, January 11th Yana left the orphage the last time as an orphan. It was difficult for her friends, but Yana is such a strong person. With a great deal of resolve she hugged and kissed everyone and walked out. Lots of emotions, but she is filled with joy. We walked to the apartment hand in hand. Papa walked with Marina with her chin hanging on the ground and her tears freezing to her face. It is so difficult to see the system work against her. We have her for the weekend and we are having a good time. We are all trying not to think about Tuesday when we leave with out her. The last time we see Marina is Monday night.

It is unbelievable that we are at peace. We still are praying for a miracle, and there are miracles in the works. Please continue to pray for miracles to continue.

Today Yana and I went shopping. We went to the mall---the outdoor market. It was freezing outside and I thought my hands would fall off. The best jeans are at the market. To try on clothes you go behind a sheet and drop your pants. Bare skin at zero degree weather. My daughter did it as if it was 80 degrees outside. I could hardly pay for the pants my hands were soooooo cold. I let her buy jeans I would have never let her spend the money on just to get inside a warm building. There were a few other things to get as well. I thought she would like to go to an indoor shopping area, she says no mama they have them here as she marches me off to another part of the market. This market has dogs and cats wondering in and out of the area you shop. It breaks my heart to see the animals in this cold weather. If you know me you know that I have a soft spot for animals. I am feeding the animals all over the place. I even carry cheese in my pocket and toss it to them. It is so cold for these poor animals to be living on the streets. The dogs that guard the Church eat pretty good off the Rahn family. We are all feeding them.

We will be leaving Berdyansk on Tuesday evening via the train. We don't have our tickets home yet, but will know by thursday the day we will leave. Please don't stop praying for a miracle.
Farewell for today,
Fran

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not the end of God's reach, the end of His plan, nor the end of our prayers. Your family of *four* is glued to my heart. I will continue to pray! Come home, get warm, and be restored. It's not done yet! This is just the end of a chapter--not the book!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Rahn family and welcome to our new nice Yana Pam Rahn..a beautiful name for a lovely daughter..you are on our minds and in our prayers..give Marina our love and tell her her US family looks forward to meeting her some day..hurray for Yanna..love Aunt Angie

Karen said...

Hi guys! I arrive in Kiev on Wednesday...so it looks like we may be able to connect. Send me an email and let me know a cell phone I can reach you at and then hopefully we can grab lunch or dinner before you guys head back.
I'll continue to pray for Marina.
Blessings,
Karen
Karen.Springs@cbn-cis.org

Anonymous said...

Hey guys it's Ella.
I heard what's going on with you and I'm so happy that Yana is already Rahn=)I hope Marina's documents will be fine. God help you. I pray for you and Marina.
Love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!
Ella.
P.S.Here is a little note for Yana:

Privet, Yana.
Ya o4en' o4en' rada 4to y vas vse poly4ilos' s tvoimi dokymentami! Nadeus' yvidet' tebya o4en' skoro.
Skazhy tol'ko odno-naslazhdausya poslednimi momentami v Ukraine!=)
S lubov'u Ellka.

Passanita Family said...

Welcome to the Rahn family Yana! You have a wonderufl mama and papa. Don't forget Giny too. She misses her mama and papa here at home but the boys have tried to hug her numerous times to make her feel better. Vanya even tried to negotiate with the mule to get Giny some additional apple that feel to the ground near the fence. "now big horse no bite me Giny need apple. Giny miss mama and papa, you no need apple you get back" Thought you would appreciate that piece of humor from home. Can't you just picture it? It was a hoot.
We're praying for your miracle and awaiting your return.
Love you and miss you,
Laura and Rob

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome to the family, Yana. We are very happy for you all. We continue to pray for you and Marina. Hopefully all will go well for a smooth return home. It will be good to re-group and get a bit warmer. I'm sure Giny is waiting to lick your face. Good luck to you and travel safe.
Love Steve, Jody and Christopher

Anonymous said...

Rick and Fran,
We are continuing to pray for a miracle for Marina. In the meantime, remember that no plan of God's can be thwarted. If you have to wait to bring Marina home, God will use every minute of the wait for His purposes. We can't wait to see you and meet your new daughter.
Love, Lyn

Anonymous said...

Welcome Yana! I cannot wait to meet my Niece I pray that we will have Marina very soon as a niece. Congratulations to the new parents you guys will be wonderful. Love and miss you all, the Rahn family in Michigan

Unknown said...

Rick & Frank, congratulations on the successful adoption of Yana! God is good! We pray for a miracle for Marina. We wish you continued strength as you now look to return home. May all work in God's favor. Stay warm!
Looking forward to seeing you. Miss you,
Debbie & Dale

ArtworkByRuth said...

Peace be with you as you complete this part of your journey.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick and Fran and Yana, Can't wait for you guy's to make it Home safe and sound. Been thinking about Mackinaw Island this summer what fun we'll have. stay strong, Jeff.

Hi this is Harrison I was wondering how you guy's are doing in the Ukraine. I love you,HARRISON.

Hi guy's its Kaylee I was wondering how you guy's are doing? I can't wait to meet Yana and Marina. Love Kaylee.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mama and Papa! We were happy to read about Yana Pam Rahn and we look forward to seeing her again soon. We continue to pray often for the situation with Marina. We know this must be a bittersweet time as you are so thrilled to have Yana and yet your hearts long to bring Marina home too. Faith can move mountains and so I know that faith can also "move" paperwork. We will continue to pray for Marina's miracle and trust the timing to our awesome God. never forget that your family is in His grip.
Much love, Robin D

Anonymous said...

We look forward to seeing you and continue to pray for you all!
Love,
Daneen