Friday, October 29, 2010

A New Daughter

It has taken a little bit longer then natural childbirth, but after 10 months of paperwork we have a new daughter, Rita Rose Rahn. We went to court today at 10:30 a.m. and in 50 minutes we were done. The judge remembered us from adopting Koyla. The judge asked Koyla to sit in on the court hearing. He was thrilled until he realized how bored he was going to be and couldn't escape. They asked Koyla to stand and give his feelings about another sister. He loves the idea and wants the adoption. The judge asked how we liked being parents and how our children were doing. Rick had everyones eyes watering. We are so proud of our children, especially right now. Both of them have really "stepped-up" to make this happen.

Rita has been orphaned a long time. She is quite, but not withdrawn. She loves to be with people and is very sweet, and sensitive. I thought she would be a little timid today, but she was not. She seemed very happy over the whole situation. This day was not as exciting as the other two. The orphanage is very strict about the children. As soon as the court let out, even before the judge gave her decision, Rita was taken back to the orphanage. For the others we went out to eat and celebrated. We presented her a gift after court then off they went. Rick, Koyla and I went back into the court room and the judge gave us her approval for the adoption.

We dropped Koyla off at the orphanage and Rick and I went home. Later we bought 10 roses and brought them to Rita, with a note of how greatful we were to have her as our daughter. I can't wait to get her out of the orphanage, and back to our home in Williamsburg. I am ready to start the adjustment right now! I don't want to get too excited because we still have a little problem to face with her birth certificate. Fortunately the judge didn't stop the adoption, which she could have. Hopefully Victor can get it all taken care of in the 10 day waiting period or....(we won't go there). My plan is to be home by November 17th. Rick and Koyla leave tomorrow. Dave and Heather move into my apartment at the church. I am greatful to have them. They are a real special couple, that God has blessed me with.

Koyla is so excited to be going home, he is so ready. Him and I will really miss each other. Who is going to bug me when he is gone? I sure do love my children.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fran, I am so happy to come home and learn of your great news. I haven't seen your blog lately and have been wondering what is going on. The cool thing is I can visual everything! We can't wait to meet Rita. And we hope to see Kolya before the weekend is up! I hope he gets some rest on the flight home. Dima may have lost his russian not having Kolya to talk to. Di you by chance get to find the books I told you of?

The Schweickerts said...

God is awesome! Congratulations my friends!We are sooo happy for all of you. Cody is very excited to have Rita here! We love you and can't wait to rejoice with you in the Burg. Sweet Yana misses her parents sooo much! Continued prayers for you!

The Schweickerts said...

Oooops...something I wanted to tell you. When we adopted Elliott & Nicky in 2006. Our SDA appointment was Oct. 12th, our adoption date in court was Oct. 30 and we came home on November 17th!

Nancy Hathaway said...

Congratulations Fran and Rick! Give Rita a big kiss from us. We are so happy for you all!!

Hope the apartment has heat by now :)

~the Hathaway's

Anonymous said...

May blessings rain down upon you! We know they already have in so many ways and we pray that your lives together will be full of wonder and love. Congratulations to everyone in the new and expanded Rahn family! You are a remarkable bunch.
Can't wait to see you all.
~the Henrys

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to each of you. Rita, welcome to your new family. We so look forward to meeting you. Good luck with the rest of your stay Fran and good luck Rick, Koyla and Yana.
Love Jody,Steve and Christopher

Passanita Family said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys and for Rita. Can't wait to meet her! And I'm sure she and Yana will get along great. Hope everything goes well with the rest of process. Thinking about you lots and miss you!

The Quirams said...

God Bless Rita and for the rest of your adoption to go as smoothly as possible. We are excited to meet her and Yana is sooo excited to be getting at least part of her family back.