Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Guess is Over

Tuesday morning, everyone is off doing their thing, school and work. I get some quiet time before I have to run off to work. I am doing a study by Priscilla Shires, "He Speaks to Me". Our very last assignment at the end of this fantastic study is to write a letter. I write mine to God. I submit to His timing, His direction and allow Him to take control over the adoption. As soon as I write "Amen" the phone rings. "Hi Fran, this is Victor. We have the appointment".

We have 10 days to get ready, today is 9 and tomorrow is 8. We leave the Richmond airport on May 22nd and arrive in Kiev on the 23rd. Our appointment is on May 25th, Memorial Day. I didn't tell Victor that it is an American Holiday in fear they would all take the day off!

The first week of my study Priscilla talked about being still. After 6 weeks of being still, I am filled with the stength to move on with the journey. There is such power in being still.

Part 2 of the journey is now officially beginning,!
Fran

8 comments:

Tami said...

YAY!!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey! :)

Hollands said...

Praying for you.
Gina

ArtworkByRuth said...

Slava Bogu! I am so excited! I never stop wondering at God's sense of humor and TIMING! WE are ready for supporting you a second time! YEAH!

Karen said...

Yeah! Congrats! Hope to see you soon!! :) You arrive the day my parents leave :) Blessings!!

Rachel said...

That is SO exciting!! What perfect timing He has.

Miriam and Jim said...

What a great story! God is GREAT! We will keep you in our daily prayers as you begin this BIG journey!!

Miriam and Jim

Charlene Quiram said...

We are so excited for you both! You will remain in our hearts and prayers for the duration of this adventure. What an incredible God story in the timing of the phone call from Victor! The Qs

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard any news since last week when everything was moving so FAST. Hope things still are, for we are still praying to that end.

In His Care, Paul and Carol Norton